Crystalens, a single-focus lens, is a cataract replacement lens that works naturally with your eyes’ muscles to give you the quality of vision you enjoyed when you were younger. The revolutionary design element that makes Crystalens the state-of-the-art replacement lens are “hinges” which are designed to allow the lens to move, or accommodate to focus on objects near, far and all distances in-between seamlessly. Unlike old-style fixed focal lenses, Crystalens’ revolutionary design includes “hinges”, which enable the lenses to move, thus focusing as the eye’s natural lens does. At The Nielsen Eye Center, Dr. Nielsen takes precise measurements of your eye to insure the correct power selection.
- Better contrast sensitivity
- Distance is usually crisper
- 88 percent of patients could see better at all distances
- Because there is not as much of a range of focus as with the other lenses, there is a greater chance you will require reading glasses
- This lens gives the clearest distance vision
- No other replacement lens comes closer to mirroring the natural focusing ability of the eye.
The Crystalens FDA one-year clinical study results indicate that 92% of the people enrolled in the study (implanted bilaterally) could see 20/25 or better at distance, 96% could see 20/20 at arm’s length and 73% could see 20/25 at near without glasses or contact lenses.
What is more exciting is that 98% of these people could pass their drivers test, 100% could see their computer or put on their makeup, and 98% could read a magazine, all without glasses or contact lenses. Also, your ability to see at approximately arm’s length (middle vision) will be greatly enhanced with the Crystalens.